Nutrition is the foundation of life! Healthy eating is essential to a child's health, growth and development.
Healthy nutrition for a child means they are less likely to develop diseases. It also means that they feel better, look better and enjoy life more. At Devi Kids, we believe it is important for children to learn the importance of healthy food. We provide delicious and nutritious food with a wonderful seasonal menu. Everything at Devi Kids is freshly cooked on location by our cook, is homemade and tastes great!
At Devi Kids the children get a fresh and warm lunch every day. We do this for a number of reasons:
– Meer voedingsstoffen en vitamines
A warm lunch contains many more nutrients and vitamins than a sandwich. As a result, the children are satiated for longer and have more energy during the day.
Children are more interested in eating during the day than in the evening, because they are often tired.
Getting children used to different tastes and structures at a young age has a positive influence on their taste development and eating behavior.
-Zien eten doet eten
If children see other children eating, they will probably start eating better. Because the children are sitting at the table with other children of the same age, it makes them curious and stimulates them to taste and try. When a child sees another eating, it makes them curious and unconsciously stimulates them to taste and try.
A recipe that the children at Devi Kids always love is vegetarian chicken curry. We would like to tell you how we prepare this delicious vegetarian recipe. The recipe is for 4 people.
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 union
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cube of vegetable broth
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 150 gr peas
- 200 gr vegetarian chicken pieces
- 200 gr french beans
- 200 gr rice
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Cook the rice according to the instructions
- Mix the chicken pieces with olive oil and 1 tsp curry powder and spread this on the baking tray
- Bake the chicken pieces for 8 minutes in the oven at 200C
- Cut the pepper and French beans into pieces and chop the onion and garlic finely
- Bake the onion and garlic until glazed
- Add the paprika and French beans and bake briefly
- Add the paprika and curry powder (1tsp) and bake with them
- Add the coconut milk and the bouillon cube
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Serve with rice
Enjoy your meal!
Are you curious what else the kids eat? Take a look at the Instagram page of Devi Kids.